30 Day Mental Fast: TCC Episode 24
- What is the 30 Day Mental Fast
- 30 Day Mental Fast (Modified)
What is the 30 Day Mental Fast
This was inspired by Jerry Clark's 30 Day Mental Fast for Millionaires:
- Read Uplifting Material for 15-20 Minutes A Day
- Turn Off The Television
- Turn off the Radio
- No Newspapers
- Associate Only with Uplifting People
- Drink Water
- Exercise At Least 20 Minutes A Day
- Reflect on the Good for 30 Minutes Each Day
I have slightly modified because I discovered one more thing that added value for me. I use it to work with my goals and dreams to become millionaire as an owner of an International Gourmet Coffee Business, writer, and public speaker. The mental fast has helped me gain better mental clarity and prioritize what's important.
November is not only NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writers Month) but also has 30 days in it, whink means a great time for doing the Mental Fast. As a writer this is perfect because it incorporates time to read. I read everything from journal articles for my research and books on personal development to fiction and books on how to improve my craft.
"Think Like a Giant" Jerry Clark
30 Day Mental Fast (Modified)
- No TV, Newspapers, or Radio - I found them not only a horrible time waster but also a huge source of negativity
- No Negativity - Not only in what you listen to but also your words
- Read a Good Uplifting Book for 15 minutes - As a writer I find this easy. I not only read books like Think and Grow Rich, The Magic of Thinking Big but also some fiction and non-fiction to help improve my writing craft
- Listen to Personal Development Audio - I listen to a lot of personal development audios from Holton Buggs' How to Turn Your Network Marketing Business Into a Cash Cow (for Organo Gold Distributors) and Zig Ziglar's Goals. I listen to podcasts on the craft of writing, public speaking and living a better life, for example Michael Hyatt's This is Your Life Podcast. Who are you listening to?
- Associate with positive people - I have several mentors or mastermind alliance, as Napoleon Hill talks about in Think and Grow Rich, who range from my business mentors Dr. Walker and Michael Hyatt of This is You Life Podcast. I have my PhD mentors Drs. Walter McCollum, Anthony Lolas, Marilyn Simon and Brandon Hamilton. I have writing mentors K.M. Weiland, Writing Excuses Podcast, Joanna Penn of the Creative Penn Podcast,
- Drink water & take Organo Gold Capsules
- Exercise for 15 minutes a day - I always feel better and gets the blood moving
- Reflection Time for 15 minutes a day - I sometimes stretch this out to an hour because I will often work on meditations that I will record. I have been working on a meditation script I found what I wrote 21 years ago for my hypnosis practice. I like experimenting on myself.
Joanna Penn at The Creative Penn Podcast - http://www.thecreativepenn.com/podcasts/
K.M. Weiland - http://www.helpingwritersbecomeauthors.com/
NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writers Month) - http://nanowrimo.org/
Pacer Pedometer app for iPhone or Android - http://www.pacer.cc/
Writing Excuses Podcast - http://www.writingexcuses.com/
Clark, J. (n.d.). 30 Day Mental Fast Kit. Retrieved from http://www.clubrhino.com/products/item39.cfm.