Always reward your long hours of labor and toil in the very best way, surrounded by your family. Nurture their love carefully, remembering that your children need models, not critics, and your own progress will hasten when you constantly strive to present your best side to your children. And even if you have failed at all else in the eyes of the world, if you have a loving family, you are a success.
~ Og Mandino, Author and Motivational Speaker
- Your children need role models not critics
- How to be a Positive Influence
Your children need role models not critics
My 5 F’s or core values are Faith, Family, Friends, Fitness, and Finance. My second one is family. We just went through the holidays surrounded with family and loved ones. Why not do that more often?
I had to break some old patterns passed from generation to generation. I made a decision to be there for my children. I made a decision to be a positive influence on his life.
How to be a Positive Influence
- Positive talk: When my son was very young, I talked positively to him as he slept telling him that he’s the best and that he’s loved.
- Take time to be with family: Why wait for the holidays, graduation or funeral to surround yourself with family.
- Be a positive role model: Show don’t tell that you stand for something better than yourself. Show that you affect others positively.
Tis the Season for Giving (Going the Extra Mile)
Less than 54 days to help keep the St. Martin De Porres House of Hope going into the future.
Tis still the season for giving and still coffee makes a great gift. My goal is to sell 10,000 boxes of coffee to help raise most of if not all the $40,000 needed to keep their doors open. Buy 3 or 4 boxes at WantMyCoffee.com. 50% of all profits will be donated to the St. Martin De Porres House of Hope.