Lesson I learned today is that I need to change my habits. There are a few that need some fine tuning like get better organized, watch less TV. So I listed some of my bad or limiting habits. Those are the ones holding me back. Then I started looking at those behaviors or habits I wanted to change. You might want to change some of your habits or pick a new direction in life too.
Change where I'm at TODAY
- Living in a mess: Guess I need to get more organized. I have journals all over the house and Internet. I can't remember where I put stuff. This is one area I really need to change.
- Not sticking to goals: It has been thrown in my face quite a bit lately that I don't finish things or I sabotage myself just as I reach success. I better fix this fast if I'm going to be a successful author, speaker, and podcaster.
- Too much computer games: I was addicted to World of WarCraft but that has stopped at least for this 30 day mental fast. I also have lot of games on my cell phone. I don't need that kind of distraction. I'm using the computer as a tool not a toy.
- Too much TV: This one is tough because that's when the family gets together. I'm going to suggest going back to table tome game night or movie night.
- Read more Personal Development: This is my way of connecting to those people who I want to associate with. I can associate with Napoleon Hill through Think and Grow Rich, John Maxwell through The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership: Follow Them and People Will Follow You (10th Anniversary Edition) or Joel Olsteen through Break Out!: 5 Keys to Go Beyond Your Barriers and Live an Extraordinary Life.
- Humility: Start by not thinking I am better than other people, I'm not. I also believe it means be of service to others. Jesus humbled himself to the apostles by washing their feet at the last supper.
- The system: This means plugging into a success system. Following the advice of the person you want to be like also fits in here.
- Smile: Put a smile on your face not only changes how you feel on the inside but also just might make someone else's day.
- Be grateful: Be grateful for what you have because you never know if it will be there tomorrow. That's what I thought about my job a year ago. Then I got laid off. The good thing is I now know what I really want to do.
- Know where you're going: Plan your work and work the plan. Set goals and evaluate them every day to see if you are on track or if it the right goal. Most important is to pick a direction and go. Forward momentum is the key. Just keep moving!
Read 15 mins /Day: The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership: Follow Them and People Will Follow You (10th Anniversary Edition) by John C. Maxwell
No TV: No Problem.
Listen to PD Audio: I started listening to Personal Growth today:
No Newspapers: None, nada, nil.
Associate with positive people: Went to Saturday training with my Organo Gold family.
Exercise: I went for a short walk.
Reflection Time: I took a half hour to review my Simple and Easy statements, which I'll cover in another post, and visualizing some of my other goals.
Humility. (n.d.). Retrieved May 3, 2014, from http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/humility