30 Day Mental Fast
- Read 15 minutes/day
- No TV
- Listen to Personal Development Audio
- No News Papers
- Associate with positive people
- Drink water & take Organo Gold Capsules
- Reflection Time
Discipline yourself! Successful people are, for the most part, very good at self-discipline. They develop a plan and follow it while maintaining motivation and will power. This has been tough for me to overcome because I have a tendency to be very hard on myself and put things off to the last minute. Here are a few thing to help get over it.
- Don't beat yourself up for being undisciplined: Beating myself up was my failsafe and something I'm good at; however, it never helped and made me feel less motivated and depressed. I would also neglect my health and eat all those things that make you feel good. Hah! the downside was that it was a short term fix.
- Think about your Big Why: My Big Why are my life goals. I always have to step back at this point and look at my Big Why. Today, I realized that I forgot to expand my Personal Goals by adding Physical Goals, which I will keep working on.
- Make a Plan: I never had a good one. My plan was getting a job work 'til I retired and moved to Florida. Well that plan didn't work out so well. This exercise in mental change made it abundantly clear I need to make a plan to help reach my goals. Time to make a new plan.
- Never give up: I found the first few times I tried implement a plan, I didn't get to where I hoped for. However, because I had a family to take care of I didn't allow myself to become discouraged. As Napoleon Hill in his book, "Think and Grow Rich," asked Thomas Edison why it took 1,000 times inventing the light bulb." Edison replied, "I have simply found 999 ways how not to create a lightbulb.” Learning anything new often takes trial and error, and it's only by not giving up that you're sure to achieve your goal. If at first you don't succeed, be persistent.
Personal Goals: My goals for the rest of this mental transformation and beyond are to complete my dissertation, graduating in July 2014, bring my Organo Gold business to the next level, get better at saying “no”, especially to those things that will not help me realize my goals, write more articles, finish a novel, and creating financial freedom
Physical Goals: I need to lose a bunch of weight. I have been diagnosed with diabetes and morbid obesity. So I want to lose over 100 pounds. Been a yoyo dieter all my life, another failsafe or punishment mechanism.
Happy and Grateful Statement I am happy and grateful that I am a Diamond Consultant for Organo Gold coffee because I am able to be a good husband, father, son, brother, mentor, and author because I am able to have the freedom and time to write books and articles that entertain and inspire my readers in order to create positive social change.
Read 15 mins /Day: I’m continuing to read Dissertation and Scholarly Research: Recipes for Success: 2013 Edition by Marilyn K Simon Ph.D. and Jim Goes Ph.D.
No TV: Still no Problem.
Listen to PD Audio: Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
No Newspapers: Not today.
Associate with positive people: Today, ran errands with my mom getting ready for Christmas
Exercise: Hit the treadmill at the gym this morning.
Reflection Time: Continued catching up on several episodes This is Your Life Podcast by Michael Hyatt.
Michael Hyatt - http://michaelhyatt.com/
This is Your Life Podcast - http://michaelhyatt.com/thisisyourlife